One of the most diverse and popular gold coins in the world is the American Gold Eagle, the official gold coin of the United States, which is available in bullion, proof, and burnished versions. Featuring images of Lady Liberty and the American bald eagle, this coin is symbolic of America’s freedom, power, and majesty. Today, the ½ oz Proof American Gold Eagle is available to you online from Wall Street Metals IRA.
- Arrives in a beautiful velvet case with satin lining.
- Includes a US Mint Certificate of Authenticity!
- Available since 1987 (no 2009 issue).
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Face value of $25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Obverse features Lady Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- Reverse bears the image of a family of bald eagles from Miley Busiek.
- Includes the “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint or “P” mark of the Philadelphia Mint.
The ½ oz Proof American Gold Eagle coin was introduced in 1987, one year after the Proof Gold Eagle debuted in a 1 oz weight and one year before the other two fractional-weight coins were introduced in 1988.
In this product listing you’ll receive a 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Eagle in its original US Mint box with a Certificate of Authenticity. 1/2 oz Gold Eagles were originally produced by the Philadelphia Mint from 1987 until 1993 featuring the “P” mint mark. Starting in 1994 and continuing today, the 1/2 oz Gold Eagle is produced at the West Point Mint with a “W” mint mark.